Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Joan Tyson's trip to Spanish Wells


Dear Friends,

Mom and Stephany are in the states for three weeks. They just arrived from a mission conference held in Spanish Wells, Bahamas. Yes, you heard me right, the Bahamas. Only missionaries who have lasted over 40 years in the ministry get these type of meetings. I still have along way to go. The Lord really blessed while she was their. The People's Church in Spanish Wells have supported our ministry for many years. They sponsor a large number of children with the Opportunity of a Lifetime program and while mom was their, they sponsored around 12 more. These are the nicest people you will ever meet and let me tell you, they really know how to treat a missionary, unless you don't like eating lobster everyday and watching the sun go down over the ocean and laying back in a comfortable chair feeling the ocean breeze on your face. Let me get back to reality for a minute. Kidding aside, this was a wonderful conference and thank the Lord that when mom gets back to Honduras, their will be new children eating a good meal everyday and receiving a good education because of this church in the Bahamas.

Mom and Stephany will be leaving out for Gatlinburg after the elections for a women's meeting that is held each year. After that, they will be returning to Honduras to hold all the graduations of our schools including our Bible School. I wont tell you how old mom is because she will probably want pay me if I do but what I can tell you is that she just amazes me each day. She has more strength than me and Steve and she never stops. Now that Stephany is graduating, she is going to be a big help to mom. She is already learning how to run the finances so I guess me and Steve will be asking her to sign the checks one day. God is truly putting the puzzle together for the future of this ministry.

Steve is in Honduras translating for the mission groups. Glenhaven Baptist Church from McDonough, Ga just left Honduras and words cannot describe the blessing this church is to our ministry. This was the very first church that started supporting my father almost 40 years ago and they have been faithful ever since. They also support many of our ministries including many of the National Pastors in Honduras and Nicaragua. Thank the Lord for Glenhaven Baptist Church.

First Baptist Church of Loganville, Ga came in after the Glenhaven group and it just amazes me how God puts different burdens in the hearts of different churches. The members of this church sponsor at least 300 children in Honduras. The difference they have made in the lives of so many families will probably on be known in heaven.

Well, now that only leave poor old me. No Bahamas, No Ocean, No Fishing. Just good old Villa Rica. Don't feel sorry for me, the Golden Corral makes up for everything. Actually, while my wife and I have been waiting for our son to be born, God has opened up many new doors for the Samaritan Revival Group. I have received many phone calls and emails from churches who are booking the group for March of 2009. If you still have not had the Samaritan Revival group in your church, I can honestly say that you do know what you have missed. I received an email the other day saying that I brag to much but I just know that the spirit that is felt when the Samaritan Revival group sings is just amazing. To have a spanish group come into your church and sing beautiful Gospel music in spanish with the english words on a screen is such an amazing experience for any church. If you have never heard Midnight Cry in spanish, let me tell you that you will feel the Holy Spirit in a new way. If you would like to have the Samaritan Revival in your church, you can email me at philip@samaritanrevival.com or you can call me at 678-654-6391.

My daughter, Stephany, is part of the group and she will be traveling with us starting in March. Something tells me that Mom will also be with us also because you cannot separate them. Mom asked Stephany the other day a question that we thought was joke. She said "Stephany, when you get married, where is your husband going to sleep?" I don't think that she was joking.

Remember to visit our website at www.samaritanrevival.com- We have totally updated our website so take a look at it.

Please keep our ministry in your prayers. Please keep our country in your prayers. I know that I am limited on what I can say about the future of our country but what I can say is that GOD IS IN CONTROL and no matter what happens on election day, this is all part of the plan of God.

Your Brother in Christ,
Philip Tyson

No comments:

Popular Posts

Uncharted Territory