Saturday, October 4, 2008

Where in the world are the Christians

As the elections are coming closer to reality, I have asked myself, where in the world are the Christians. I am sure that all of you have turned on yout TV or opened a NEWSPAPER and all you read about is how wonderful Obama is and how he is winning in all the polls. Everyday it seems that he is getting even stronger and more popular.

Here is my question. How do I get someone to poll me? I have never been polled. No one has ever called me to ask me who I am going to vote for. Where are the pollsters getting their numbers? Who are they calling? Where do they get their list of people to call?

Please do not get upset that I am talking about this because I am not involved in politics and this is not a politcial blog. This is just questions that I have on my mind as an American Conservative Christian. I admit it, I am Conservative. I know that this is not a popular term today but how can I not be. I am a Christian. How can a true Christian not be Conservative. There are two types of Conservative Christians. On one hand, their are Christians who are Conservative in their Religious beliefs and on the other hand, their are Christians who are Conservative in their moral beliefs. I believe that both should go hand in hand but their is a division today when it comes to this issue.

I guess that I am tired of keeping my mouth shut about what I believe because I am afraid that someone is going to be offended by what I say. The liberals are not afraid to express their opinion and we should not be afraid to express ours. As you know, I believe that we should be sensitive toward others belief which means that we should respect what other people believe but that does not mean that we have to agree with them. It also means that we should not keep from expressing what we believe. Christians today should be more vocal about their views on the world, politics, and the future of our nations.

It used to be that atheist would keep their opinions to their self and as long as you did not bring up the subject of God, they would not say anything. Now, they are on TV and in Newspapers and Magazines expressing their opinions about a subject that they know nothing about. If you deny that God exist, you do not know God. These people want to live anyway they want, do whatever they want without any accountability from a higher power that reigns over them. That is the reason why they deny God.

Getting back on the subject, Christians today better come together and they better start praying. The situation in this country is in a big mess. We would be foolish to think that this is just something that has been made up or falsely created. America is in a crisis and a 700 billion dollar bailout is not the answer. Only God can help America now. We have to fall on our knees and start praying. Sarah Palin said something very important when she said "I Believe that Jesus is coming back in my lifetime". Those are very powerful words for someone that is running for public office. What this shows to me is that she is not going to give up her faith but a public position. You may not agree with everything she says or does but you have to give her credit for being bold about her belief in Jesus Christ.

How can Christians speak out? I wonder what would happen if every Christian had a Blog on the internet. Can you imagine how millions of blogs that would be? Billions of words being written and sent out around the world expressing their belief in Jesus Christ. Setting up a Blog is so easy today. You can just go to blogger.com and set one up for free. it does not even cost anything. We should also be honest to ourself and express what we truly believe. Be honest, be truthful, be bold. This do not mean that you should make an effort to offend others, please don't. You can express your views and if someone does not like it they just have to live with it but at least you are expressing your views.

To end, let me remind you of a story in the Bible. When Jesus was crucified, Peter was asked three times if he was a follower of Jesus and all three times he denied Christ. He was afraid for his life and later, he was convicted for what he had done. Le us not make that same mistake. Let's be bold about what we believe and let's stand up for a Christian America. Let's stand up for Jesus and for His second coming. Let's stand up for morality and find a way to get the word out.

I love America. I am proud to be an Americana and who ever wins the elections is not going to change that. But what I am most proud of is that fact that I am a Christian and I will never deny Christ and I will never stop trying to let everyone know that no matter what happens in this world, God does exist, God loves them, and God wants to them to be saved.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Uncharted Territory