Saturday, December 6, 2008

Songs for our new Album for Samaritan Revival

We are working on our new album. I have had many people to ask my if we have music of our own. The answer is yes we do but we are not just a band, we are a ministry and when I hear an english song that touches my heart, I have an inner desire to translate the song into spanish so the latin people can also be touched by the song.

There is a problem with many songs in spanish that are christian. It is more like repeating the same words over and over again than a true message that can change your life. There are man good christians songs but the most popular is songs that have words like "I am yours" repeated twenty times. I know that there is a time for everything and during certain worship times, it is good to repeat something until it really enters your heart but we as a band want to make people think and realize what God is and what he can do for your life. This is our purpose and this is why both albums that we have recorded so far have been music especially chose with a proven track record of changing english speaking people's lives and now we want to bring this to the spanish speaking world.

In the next few blog entries, I am going to go over each song that will be on our new album which will be called "Set me Free". We will be using music from Mercyme and Casting Crowns. We will also use a couple of Southern Gospel Songs also. Very soon, I will name each blog post by the name of one of the songs and I will put the english words and the spanish translation. I will also be explaining what the song means to us as a ministry and as a christian.

Translating songs is a long and hard process because if you translate it word for word then it may not fit with the music. At the same time, you have want to make one hundred percent sure that the song in spanish has the same meaning as the english version. The process that we use is done in three steps. I translate the song word for word. I then pass the spanish version over to the group and they change certain words (keeping the same meaning) to fit with the music. Then the song is given back to me and if I feel the same power of the Holy Spirit in the spanish version as I do in the english, then we are ready to record.

These are the songs that we are translating to record on our next album in February of 2009.

And my Lifesong Sing by Casting Crowns
East to West by Casting Crowns
Praise you in the Storm by Casting Crowns
Set me Free by Casting Crowns
The Word is Alive by Casting Crowns
The Center of my Joy by Richard Smallwood
Feels like Redemption by Michael English
Daystar - Gaither Vocal Band
When He was on the Cross, I was on His mind - Gaither Vocal Band
You Reign by Mercyme

These are incredible songs and we hope to do our best. Make sure you check back and see the spanish Translations and what these songs mean to us.

Philip

No comments:

Popular Posts

Uncharted Territory