Saturday, May 16, 2009

Praise you in the Storm is becoming more real everyday

About a month ago, we recorded the song Praise you in the Storm by Casting Crowns in Spanish. This was one song that I really prayed about because I knew that it was a great responsibility for us to try to bring the same message and spirit as strong as the english version.

I was so nervous when we recorded it in Nashville that I decided to leave the studio while the recording was going on. When I returned, the recording session for this song was over. About two weeks later, the devil really tried to attack our ministry. We were being hit on all sides and it was discouraging. The guys had left for Honduras and I stayed back in the U.S. to get ready for the second part of the tour. I have to admit that I was feeling down especially when I found out that a friend of mine in Honduras had filed a law suit against us for severance pay. If he would not of been a friend then it probably would not of been so bad but he was and that made it worst.

Sadness is really a strange feeling because it does not have an end. You can keep following into even stronger sadness. I guess some people would call that depression but that is another feeling. The problem is that when you are getting hit from all sides then how can you be happy. Many people will tell you to just keep your eyes on God and you will be happy but that is not always true. As christians, we will be attacked and one of our more weak areas is our feelings and emotions.

Anyway, I got the mastered copy of our new CD and the first song on the CD was Praise you in the Storm - Spanish Version. WOW, that is about all I can say. Mark Hall from Casting Crowns is so anointed and even the spanish version sung by Samaritan Revival is great. I have heard the song now about 40 times and I am feeling so much better. Eliu, who sings the song in spanish, really put his heart into the song and I know that it will be a blessing to all that hear it.

Here is the song with the english words on the video.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Uncharted Territory