Monday, November 24, 2008

A Unexpected Surprise

Have you gone to bed at night thinking God you made through the day? I have and let me tell you that some days are just horrible. This happens to everyone but have you awaken the next day and whether it was a phone call or a visit or maybe an email but everything just turns around. Twelve hours can change your life or it can also bring you down to your knees.

I have having a pretty bad week. I was not feeling good physically and for some reason I was feeling down. I had a few problems I needed to work through and I was feeling a bit anxious. I may be almost 40 years old but I still call my mom when I need advice. She is probably the wisest person that I know even though sometimes I do not like what I hear but I know that what she is saying is true. She told me over the phone that God has some great things waiting ahead for us because the devil was attacking not only me but the whole Samaritan Revival Group. Well, almost everyone because Stephany is unbelievable. She can find good in everything. Talking about a positive attitude, sometimes it just overwhelms us they way she can look at a problem and just smile and go on. She has that gift and not many people have it. Getting back to the story, Aaron has had his wife in the Hospital extremely ill, Eliu's baby has been very sick and Harold's wife had to have emergency surgery. All of this happened in about a months time.

On my part, I was feeling like I was on a thread mill. I would send out emails to people and they would not even answer me back. I did not know what was going on. I was booking appointments for the group and God was blessing this but I was also trying to get a distribution deal for our group. I probably wrote 200 emails to distribution offices around America and no one would even write back. Being an Indie Christian Spanish group in America and trying to succeed is like asking for snow in Miami during the month of July. We knew that if something was going to happen, it would have to be God that would open up that special door for us.

Like I said, I went to bed feeling down but I did not forget to pray. This time, I did not ask God specifically for something, I just asked Him to show us how we could serve him more. I just said "God, may you will be done in our lives". The next morning I woke up and I received an email from New Day Christian Distribution which is one of the largest christian music distributors in america. They asked me to send them a CD of ours so they could review it. Well, I sent them the CD and they reviewed it and they accepted our CD to be distributed Nation Wide. Just a week later, we were shipping out Cd's.

If that was not enough, I spoke to Daywind Records in Nashville, Tn and they want us to record with their label a CD called the Top 16 Southern Gospel Hits in Spanish. I just about fell out of my chair. Our group is only 16 months old and God has given us a distribution deal and a future record deal.

How did this all happen? The answer is WAITING ON GOD. What is more exciting, an expected gift or an unexpected surprise. We cannot put a time table on what the Lord is going to do or when He is going to do it. All of us at Samaritan Revival our very excited but we know that this is an open door and this door can close just as easy as it was opened. We have to keep our eyes on the Lord and we have to let Him guide us each step of the way.

Here is a video of the Samaritan Revival group singing Midnight Cry. This is a special song for us because we will not stop working for Kingdom of God until we hear the MIDNIGHT CRY.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Uncharted Territory